To contact us at The Arab Quarter please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or click on one of the social media buttons which can be found at the foot of each page.
Please note that no refunds or transfers can be made in respect of customer cancellations for workshop places, course places or for performance events. The Arab Quarter (as defined below in Terms for using this website) reserves the right to refuse entry to workshops, courses or events that it stages, notwithstanding the prior payment of a booking or entrance fee. Compensation for refusing entry to an Arab Quarter workshop, course or event or for declining to accept an order is limited exclusively to a refund to the individual concerned of money paid in advance to The Arab Quarter or to its agent(s) for the cost of the workshop or course or of the performance ticket price in question. No refund will be made for that part of a course which has already been held. In the unlikely event that an event is cancelled we will use our best endeavours to ensure customers receive notification of the cancellation and a full refund as quickly as possible.
Access to and use of this site (‘arabquarter.co.uk’) is provided by Melanie Norman trading as The Arab Quarter, Arab Quarter Limited or www.arabquarter.co.uk (“The Arab Quarter”) subject to the following terms:
1. By using arabquarter.co.uk you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of arabquarter.co.uk. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use arabquarter.co.uk.
2. The Arab Quarter may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by The Arab Quarter. Your continued use of arabquarter.co.uk after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
Use of arabquarter.co.uk
3. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use arabquarter.co.uk content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any arabquarter.co.uk content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of arabquarter.co.uk content requires the prior written permission of The Arab Quarter.
4. You agree to use arabquarter.co.uk only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of arabquarter.co.uk.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
5. The content of the arabquarter.co.uk website is provided without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information displayed but no liability is accepted for errors and omissions in the website content.
6. Under no circumstances will The Arab Quarter be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of arabquarter.co.uk regardless of the form of action.
7. The Arab Quarter does not warrant that functions contained in arabquarter.co.uk content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that arabquarter.co.uk or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
8. The names, images and logos identifying The Arab Quarter or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of The Arab Quarter and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of The Arab Quarter, or any other third party.
9. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
10. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
About this Notice
This GDPR Transparency Notice describes how The Arab Quarter ("TAQ") ('we') collect and use your personal information during and after your relationship with us.
TAQ is a "data controller". This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you and explaining it clearly to you.
It is important that you read this Notice, together with any other privacy information or notices we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information. We reserve the right to update this GDPR Transparency Notice at any time, and we will publish a new GDPR Transparency Notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.
The owners of TAQ have responsibility for TAQ compliance with data protection law. It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during the course of our dealings with you.
Information we hold
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. We collect different information depending on your relationship with us.
We only process your name, title, address and contact details if you purchase directly from TAQ. This may include receipt of your PayPal account identification if you use PayPal to remit funds to us for a workshop, course or similar event. Such processing is necessary for the provision of goods and or services by us to you. We do not receive or process any personal data about you when you purchase a ticket for a TAQ event from a third-party box office, nor do we ever solicit, receive or process credit card information. If supplied by you to us we may process your bank or PayPal details on the rare occasions we are required to pay a refund to you (for example where you have made an overpayment on your account). We may process your marketing preferences and/or feedback you provide to us on our products and services. Such processing is necessary for the legitimate interest of managing our business and improving our services and products (provided that your interests and fundamental rights do not override our interests). Any other personal data is processed only with your consent.
Prospects and other non-customer contacts
We process your name, address and contact details, your marketing preferences and feedback you provide on events or marketing campaigns for the legitimate interest of promoting and growing our business and improving our services (provided that your interests and fundamental rights of do not override our interests).
We process your name, title, business contact information including addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses, and bank details for payment. Such processing is necessary for performance of any contract between us.
How we collect information about you
We collect personal information direct from you when we establish you as a customer, if you request to join our email mailing list or where we enter into a contract to receive services from you. We collect further information from you during the period of our business relationship and may collect information about you from public sources such as from social media sites.
Our lawful basis for gathering and using personal information
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
We do not share, transfer or sell your data to any other body or person unless it is required by law or as a legitimate part of a business transaction with you. Our website is hosted by a secure third-party service provider on our behalf. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate measures to protect the security of your information including appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
How long will we keep your information?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Where a minimum retention period is required by law (such as retaining records for HMRC purposes) we comply with that minimum period plus up to 12 months to allow time for us to anonymise or delete information in accordance with our internal data management processes.
Please contact TAQ by email to email@example.com to discuss any aspect of the data we hold and your rights in connection with that data. If you believe that any information we are holding is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
© 2018 Melanie Norman t/as The Arab Quarter